POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Preview - new converter: POV-SDL to HTML (Win32, 25kbu) : Preview - new converter: POV-SDL to HTML (Win32, 25kbu) Server Time
13 May 2024 18:19:27 EDT (-0400)
  Preview - new converter: POV-SDL to HTML (Win32, 25kbu)
From: Mark Hanford
Date: 3 Apr 2002 17:07:23
Message: <3cab7d1b@news.povray.org>
Hi there,

I have just finished (kind of) the first stage of a converter to enable the
conversion of POV scene files to HTML pages.

I appologise in advance that this isn't quite in the POV essence of being a
cross-platform app, but all I know is VB, so that's all there is ;o)

This is currently a kind of beta 0.0.0.0.0.0.0.1 release, with no help,
error handling, etc, but as far as I can see should  function correctly and
smoothly.  I have only tested on one W2k laptop, so, if you're not on this,
hold your breath, cross your fingers and see how it goes...

The attached zip contains just the one executable, so you'll have to have
various other VB runtimes etc for it to work.  If this means nothing to you,
just run it, if it doesn't work, go to www.mrhanford.com/povray and download
the full setup version.

Right, that's enough appologies, disclaimers, etc...
Just unzip into a folder and run.  The first time it is run, it will create
a sample stylesheet, a keyword file (afaik 3.5b14) and an operator file
(ignore it).  Just point it at your POV file, tell it where to put the html
file, and off you go.

Please let me know what you think, if it's well received I'll be doing a lot
more work on it, with batching, maybe porting to C, etc.

Thanks,

Mark Hanford

--

Mark Hanford